sábado, 4 de julio de 2020

My future job

Hello, in this blog i’m going to share with you about my future job.

My plan is to work as a social anthropologist. I am not sure about what job in specific because there are many possibilities haha, but I would love to use all my energies making investigations about human race, society and culture. I imagine myself doing social research with objectives that seek solutions to social problems.   

Definitely, I will travel a lot! I want to do field work in different parts of Chile (and if it is possible, in other countries), by that I mean etnography. I prefer the outside work. The etnography is a systematic study of group of people, their culture and worldview about any topics or specific experiences and history. Usually, the etnography works have a qualitative perspective, where the emotionality, social evaluation and symbolism are fundamental. 

And the salary, for the moment, is in the back of my mind, because I still have a long way to finish my studies. But I hope I’m going to have a salary that allows me to live without big worries, a salary that gives me stability.

In this moment, I am in my second year of the career anthropology. And, in the next year I will have to choose one mention of three options –Social anthropology, Archeology or Physical anthropology-.I’m going to choose Social anthropology because I'm interested in studying about social structures in a qualitative way.

I still have a lot of time to think about a specific job to work but there is one thing that I'm sure of...I'm going to make investigations and studies about society and culture.

2 comentarios:

  1. I think being an anthropologist is one of the coolest jobs in social sciences! Good luck with all ur plans.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi! I think antropology is so interested, and calls my attention the etnography that you mention and also the idea of do workfield of social antropolog. Good luck!

    ResponderEliminar