sábado, 27 de junio de 2020

My favorite horror movie

Continuing the horror theme of my previous blog,  I'm going to talk about a movie directed and written by Ari Aster 💀

Hereditary (2018) - Filmaffinity

Personally, I’m not a movie person. I mean, I rarely watch movies because I’m too picky and prefer to do other things. And a lot of movies don't appeal me. But, when there is a film that catches my attention, I see it right away. And that happened with Hereditary. My dad -who usually sees a lot of movies- watched Hereditary and told me to watch it because is messed up -in a good way-.

And in one night, I saw Hereditary with my sister, and yes…it was really messed up. It was so intense and disturbing! I loved it so much, and now is one of my favorite movies. It had amazing scenes, very well acted, with very cool and extremely disturbing visuals. And I feel like it has an essence similar to “the exorcist” (1973) and “Rosemary’s baby” (1968) but with something more modern and bizarre.


This movie was released in 2018, it is very recent. And the plot is about a dysfunctional family: Annie, an artist of miniatures, who lives in a big house with her hurband, Steve -their 16 years old son- and Charlie -their 13 years old daughter-. After the death of the maternal grandmother, weird events begin to happen that gradually reveal the dark secrets of that woman. And I’m not telling more because Spoilers! Also, the actors are amazing. When the characters felt despair and fear, I felt it to! Haha. I want to highlight the actress Toni Collette, her performance was unreal.


Maybe it looks like the typical horror movie of a family that lives paranormal things, but no, the story captivates you in depth. I highly recommend it to everyone! And, as a warning, I want to say that it contains a lot of violence and disturbing topics.

                 Prime Video: Hereditary           Película Hereditary - crítica Hereditary

Finally, I want to highlight the director Ari Aster, he has only directed and written two films and they are both horror, Hereditary (2018) and Midsommer (2019). Midsommer is a fantastic movie too! Is so bizarre and different from other movies of horror, it has a different tone of hereditary, it is like a beautiful world but so messed up haha, I recommend it too! 

Image
(The promotional poster of Midsommer, illustrated by Yuki Higuchi)

And here, a short trailer:


4 comentarios:

  1. I don’t like horror movies at all, I always avoid them, but I don’t know why I’ve seen it, haha, I find it to be a very tragic and strange film.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I don't like the horror movies, but your description made me curious, so I search in google the history and I'm surprised, the movie it's really weird, it's one and other and other bizarre things. You talk very serious when you say that jdsj.

    ResponderEliminar

  3. I don't like horror movies, in all my life I just see one: The conjuring and the truth is that I suffered the whole movie. I prefer action, fiction and comedy movies.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I love horror movies. thanks for the recommend, I will watch the movie

    ResponderEliminar