domingo, 21 de junio de 2020

The art of Junji Ito

Hello! In this blog I'm going to talk about something that I enjoy a lot. That is Junji Ito's work. 

 Junji Ito: O mestre do horror japonês | Suco Apresenta - Suco de Mangá      Cat Diary: Yon & Muu; 猫日記よん&むー; Neko Nikki Yon to Mū by ...

During this quarantine, I resumed my love for reading manga -japanese comics-, and one of the genres of manga that I enjoy the most is horror. In that genre, there are many different stories with cool art that I like, but the art and imagination of Junji Ito captivated me. I loved it from the first time I read a manga by him, and that manga was Gyo. I started reading manga when I was in school, like in seventh grade, and from there my fascination only grew. And Junji Ito has been one of my favorite authors.

The Horror of an Uncertain Future: An Interview with Revered Manga ...
     
Junji Ito was born on July 31, 1963 in Sakashita. He started to read horror manga at a young age, and he had said that Kazuo Umezu, Hideshi Hino and Lovecraft are an important inspiration to his work.

         Circus Kitan (Circo de Monstruos) – Agujero Infernal 
  (Circus Kitan by Hideshi Hino)

Well, to me, Junji Ito work is amazing! I really love the grotesque, detailed and creative stories and art. I mean, the details in his art are awesome, it gives me chills. He can make horrific characters and scenarios and still, wonderful, and enjoyable pieces. I love the bizarre essence in his worlds.

               Magazine - Junji Ito's Eerie Illustrations | Japanese horror ...   Junji Ito's “Frankenstein” en 2020 | Arte horror, J-horror ...

I would like to make an honorable mention of some of his mangas that marked me the most: Gyo, Uzumaki, Tomi, Souichi series, Mimi’s ghost stories, Hellstar remina and Black Paradox. Those mangas are a huge inspiration to me -in an artistic way-. Also, I'm going to post some nice art of him, right below ✌

(Manga: Gyo)

(manga: Uzumaki)

(manga: Uzumaki)

(manga: Uzumaki)

(from Souichi series)

(from Souichi series)




2 comentarios:

  1. woow Sofía I really liked Junji´s art, his drawings are amazing! I would really like to start reading mangas some day :)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. It's really amazing, I already know that works, but I didn't know the name of the artist, thank you for sharing this !

    ResponderEliminar